Here's a fun recipe that showed up in my mailbox which I thought would be perfect to share for this month...
Fall is now in full swing and with this crisp, cool weather comes apple picking, spiced lattes, cozy sweaters, colorful leaves and jack-o-lanterns. What perfect way to enjoy this time of year than testing out new seasonal recipes. Here is an Apple & Flax Seed Muffin recipe courtesy of Carrington Farms.
These delicious Apple Flax Seed muffins will spice up your kitchen this fall and leave your home smelling wonderful while you feel healthy and satisfied.
Makes 12 to 24 muffins depending on your preference.
- 1 and 1/4 cup milled flax seed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar or sweetener
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup liquid (syrup or water)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 medium apple, chopped fairly finely
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 12-muffin tin very well.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together, then add the rest of them.
3. Let batter stand 10 minutes, then put into the muffin pan and bake for about 18 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and muffins just barely start to pull away from the sides of the tin
What's your favorite thing to bake in the Fall?